Über unsDas sind wir
Aroundhome ist der größte Vermittler für Produkte und Dienstleistungen rund ums Haus in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz und bald auch in ganz Europa. Unsere 500 Mitarbeiter arbeiten jeden Tag daran, unseren Service für unsere Fachfirmen und Kunden noch besser zu machen.
Egal, wo unsere Kunden wohnen. Egal, was gemacht werden muss: Sei es die Terrasse für die nächste Familienfeier, die Garage für das neue Auto oder eine Haustür für das perfekte Nach-Hause-kommen-Gefühl. Aroundhome hilft heute schon Millionen von Menschen, die richtigen Entscheidungen rund ums Eigenheim zu treffen. Nicht anonym und nicht nur digital. Wir nehmen uns Zeit und sind persönlich für unsere Kunden da.
Gemeinsam mit Dir wollen wir Aroundhome zu der einen Plattform rund ums Haus ausbauen und freuen uns, Dich in unserem Office am Potsdamer Platz willkommen zu heißen.
- As Principal Engineer (m/f/x) you take on responsibility for overarching strategy topics in our tech department and enable our engineering teams to focus on their work
- You shape and drive the vision as well as strategy for our architecture, define and prioritize overall goals, while always taking various requirements and needs of our engineering teams into account
- You identify technical challenges that are key to the project's success and take architectural decisions to continuously improving our organizational capabilities
- You work hands-on in projects that will solve current challenges and foster the teams to grow by supporting them with best practices (e.g. test-driven development)
- You are part of our IT management team and contribute significantly to the continued success of Aroundhome
- You have a university degree or equivalent practical experience working as a Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Manager, Software Architect or similar in mid-sized companies
- You are familiar with maintaining cloud-based microservice systems, have a deep understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes) and possess exhaustive engineering skills (ideally in Ruby)
- You perform especially well in environments with high degrees of freedom, can deal with uncertainty and love to build structure
- You have strong analytical as well as problem solving skills, work in a goal oriented manner and always see the big picture
- You like to take decisions in an agile development context, are an excellent communicator who is capable to communicate his procedures as well as results to others in an understandable way and are an absolute team player
- analytical thinking
- problem solving skills
- WHAT WE OFFER
- Innovation: A challenging and diversified position in an international team, with the latest technologies to implement your own ideas and projects
- Variety: A wide-ranging field of activity in a dynamic, fast growing digital company and the opportunity to grow with your role
- Challenge: Working at Aroundhome means taking responsibility from day one combined with enough leeway and short decision paths
- Development: We offer you weekly Tech-meetups as well as great workshops to seek new input and specific training for your personal development
- Peers: An international team of specialists who are ready to bring you on board with their enthusiasm and teamspirit and show you our new brand new office at Potsdamer Platz