Über unsLet’s do good and have some fun!
PLANETLY is aiming to become the largest platform for analyzing, reducing and offsetting CO2 in corporations across Europe. Founded by two serial entrepreneurs (Co-Founder of Outfittery and Co-Founder of Helpling) in early 2020, we believe that we can make a difference on a large scale by enabling companies to become planet positive. As we see ourselves as ‘for-purpose – for-profit’, we’re committed to employing all entrepreneurial abilities to solve one of our generation’s most pressing problems with the help of technology, data, and outstanding people. If you want to become a part of our mission in making corporate Europe more sustainable, one company at a time, we would be thrilled to hear from you.
- Transform sustainability evaluation into data-driven challenges that enable companies to estimate and to offset their greenhouse gas emissions and save the world from the climate crisis!
- Abstract data sources from various industries into a data warehouse dedicated to calculate, compare and predict carbon footprints
- Work with other engineers and disciplines to come up with solutions to complex problems that are scalable, robust, reliable, and maintainable
- Evangelize a data-first approach within your cross-functional team of domain experts in the fast-paced world of a startup
- You are comfortable working with Python code and AWS, or better, you love them!
- You have a solid knowledge of database management concepts and a deep understanding of data modeling and warehousing, ETL concepts, and BI tools
- You have experience with DevOps essentials such as Docker, CI/CD, and Cloud infrastructures (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- You have some knowledge about Django or other backend web frameworks and the willingness to get your hands on them when the world needs you
- You had worked on data-centric products, provable by git repositories or your skills
- You favor action and ownership that you can demonstrate with your CV or cover letter
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related/relevant technical field or 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer or a similar position
- You can read, write, and speak professional English. We have a diverse international team and use English as our working language
- WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Become part of something bigger! We join forces in creating the leading platform for carbon management to build a planet-positive economy and make our ambitious OKRs reality
- At Planetly you can do what you love and are best at, while doing good and create real world impact
- You will become part of a collaborative and cross-functional environment, supported by regular knowledge sharing sessions, where you will be empowered through ownership
- We are ever evolving and so are you. A formalized bi-annual feedback process, meeting ratings, pulse checks, and leadership coaching to make sure that we grow together and find everyone's perfect spot at the table.
- Enjoy the perks of working remote first but always feel free to join us in our office in the heart of Berlin including a beautiful garden and the option to bring your dog to work
- We offer an attractive & competitive salary, as well as the equipment of your choice (iOS/Windows, home office furniture) and coverage for your cost of commuting if necessary