Über unsAbout us
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver start-up activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease start-up timelines and exceed expectations.PPD is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As the world leader in serving science, our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are excited about the opportunities this combination brings to enhance our comprehensive end-to-end offering, enabling customers to move rapidly from scientific idea to approved medicine.
- We have an exciting opportunity for a
- HR Specialist
- - Employee Relations to join our EMEA HR Advisory team.
- Reporting to the HR Manager, you would be responsible for supporting our employees and people managers across Germany, Austria and Switzerland in managing employee relations cases including probation, discipline, performance management, termination and general HR administration.
- In collaboration with the wider HR teams, you will also play a role in the development and maintenance of key HR policies, procedures, and toolkits and provide support on the delivery of HR projects. Whilst the role will primarily focus on support of our colleagues in Germany, there is opportunity to gain international exposure by supporting colleagues in Austria and Switzerland.
- Job Qualification
- Qualifications - External
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employment and labour law in Germany
- Experience of working in a busy HR Team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (In particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Fluent in German and English
- At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
- As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Our 4i Values: Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
- Severely disabled applicants with the same aptitude will be given preferential treatment. / Schwerbehinderte Bewerber werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt behandelt.
- Diversity Statement
- PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.