Über uns„The most trusted speciality logistics company in the world.“
Werde Teil eines Logistikunternehmens das Menschenleben retten kann! Wir unterstützen die Forschung und Entwicklung neuer Therapien der biophamazeutischen Industrie sowie Sektoren, die auf Emergency Parts Logistics angewiesen sind. Unser weltweites Netzwerk umfasst mehr als 140 Niederlassungen in 50 Ländern. Unsere mehr als 2500 Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter sind der Grund, warum anspruchsvolle Kunden in aller Welt auf World Courier zählen: Weil sie unsere Zuverlässigkeit und unser Know-how schätzen. Und vor allem weil sie uns vertrauen.World Courier wächst!
- As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing operational activities of the department, planning and developing systems and procedures to improve operational quality and administration and development of department staff and subcontractors.
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management of the OPS team, conducting regular team meetings as well as leading, training and motivating staff to deliver high quality
- General work distribution of the department, including workforce planning and optimization
- Documentation, analysis and development of operational processes, ensuring high operational quality
- Implementation of new operational procedures
- Evaluation of existing quality defects and definition of improvement actions
- KPI reporting and follow up
- Consistent work with subcontractors: Including benchmarking and selection, training, analysis of daily processes and workflow, KPI follow up and conduct of meetings based on need
- Coordination of general department projects
- Strong experience in logistics operations, preferably in speciality logistics and air logistics
- Good leadership skills and mindset
- Fluent communication skills in German and English
- Flexibility to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Analytical approach and number accuracy
- Good computer skills and proven ability to work through systems
- Basis of employment laws and regulations
- We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.